The history of Telemecanique
Telemecanique pursued a policy of innovation since the beginning, becoming the leading global reference for automation management throughout its history.
1924: Acquisition by Michel le Goullec of “Manufacture d’Appareillage Electrique” which, in 1928, became “Télémécanique Electrique.”
The history of Telemecanique, related through its inventions, began with the marketing of the first bar contactor. A patent was registered in 1924, the same year as its acquisition! The brand then rapidly expanded its activities to become the leading specialist in automation management. It notably developed D contactors which became a global reference.
In 2009, Telemecanique products, services, and solutions migrated to the Schneider Electric brand as its Automation and Control offer.