Reference: Oil & Gas
Qatar Liquefied Gas Company Limited (Qatar)
Global MV / LV solution provides high safety electrical power distribution for a LNG Plant
I. CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT / PROJECT CONTEXT
- The 4 billion USD Qatargas project is the biggest project ever implemented in the area. This includes off-shore gas production, treatment station, the 6 million tonnes per year LNG plant and associated facilities and utilities.
- TOTAL is a 10 % partner in the operating company QATARGAS, alongside the Qatar national company QGPC (65 %), Mobil (10 %), and two Japanese trading companies Mitsui and Marubeni (7.5 % each).
Customer objective and constraints:
Project: to supply reliable and consistent MV / LV equipment and an appropriate Power Distribution Control System (PDC System).
Total's objective: ensure maximum consistency among equipment provided through several engineering Companies.
II. SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION
Implementation methodology (main phases):
- Design and engineering: 25 000 hours
- Signing of the contract: April 1994
- Supply of the equipment: started December 1994
- Commissioning: started August 1995
- First gas shipment: December 1996
Solution overview (services, products, systems, architectures...):
- Engineering and design
- MV Electrical equipement
- Power Distribution Control System
III. RESULTS / ACHIEVEMENT
- Project Management and co-ordination among suppliers and engineering companies.
- Electrical equipment specifications.
- Development and implementation of the PDC system.