Pains & drivers
Refrigeration is a big market worldwide:
- Annual investment in refrigerating equipment: US$170 billion.
- Annual refrigerated foodstuffs: US$1200 billion (3.5 times USA military budget).
- 300 000 000 m3 of cold-storage facilities.
And causes big problems:
- Ozone-depleting effects - Montreal protocol.
- Global-warming effects - Kyoto agreement.
How can a customer manage energy more efficiently?
- Intelligent (or energy efficient) Refrigeration Control systems have an intelligent controller that optimises compressor and fan schedules to provide both improved temperature control and operation.