Success Story: Water
Energy Efficiency for Industrial Wastewater Treatment plants (China)
Energy Efficiency consulting of 4 water plants
| ||52% energy savings, 5GWh saved per year, ROI in 1.5 years
I. CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT / PROJECT CONTEXT
- Equity Joint Venture Company set up by a water and petrochimical company,
- The company includes 4 wastewater plant,
- Total production capacity: Wastewater treatment 19.4 Mton/year, Reclaim water: 7.16 Mton/year.
Customer objective and constraints:
- The end user wants to launch a global strategic program based on Energy Efficiency conservative measures.
II. SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION
Implementation methodology (main phases):
- The first step of this program consists in Energy Efficiency consulting on the 4 plants in order to assess the energy savings potentialities,
- For this consulting, the local PST Advanced Services Team has been supported by the CES Team from the Schneider Electric business units (PE&C),
- Following the Energy Efficiency audit, a contract for Energy Efficiency Solutions & Services has been proposed.
Solution overview (services, products, systems, architectures...):
- Installation of Variable Speed Drives
- Replacement of old pumps
- Replacement of old transformers
- Apply monitoring system to manage operation
How did we estimate the energy savings (methodology, tools, ...)
- Energy savings have been estimated using the Eco 8 software, taking into account the characteristics of the water circuits, the type and power of the pumps, as well as the operating duty cycle.
III. RESULTS / ACHIEVEMENT
- 52% expected energy savings, 5GWh saved per year, with ROI less than 2 years!
Schneider Electric differentiating values VS competitors:
- Deep understanding of energy saving in water,
- Solution and service provided, not only the products
- Strategic partnership with the water treatment end user.