Reference: Oil & Gas
Pipeline Boosting station control system
| ||Powerful control: 10K instructions per 1ms
Powerful control: 10K instructions per 1ms
I. CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT / PROJECT CONTEXT
- The longest Pipeline in China. From Xinjiang, West China to Shanghai, East China, 4000Km main line.
- 120x108Nm3/a natural gas transferred
- Pipeline diameter: 1016mm
- Pressure: 10MPa
- 44 Station Control System (SCS) with Hot-standby CPUs
- 146 Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) with single CPU
- Redundant control centre in Beijing and Shanghai
- Western Development Strategy
Customer objective and constraints:
- Ensure safety
- Control local equipment
- Control the whole system via a control centre
- Giant process I/O: temperature, pressure, flow meter, turbine compressor, fire alarm, cathodic protection
- Control logic and arithmetic
II. SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION
Implementation methodology (main phases):
- Powerful function selection
- Redundant architecture
- Flexible architecture
- Opening communication protocol
Solution overview (services, products, systems, architectures...):
III. RESULTS / ACHIEVEMENT
- Since initial run in 2004, 4 years of successful operation.
- Ensures the pipeline provides users with stable natural gas.
- Powerful functions to meet device control and remote control requirements.
- Stable quality: ensures stable operation in high and low temperature at Xinjing and humid conditions in South China.
- Redundant architecture meets the requirement of 24/7 system operation to ensure pipeline safety.
Schneider Electric differentiating values VS competitors:
- Automatic data transfer from primary to Standby without any specific configuration.
- All services in an "all-in-one" network.