Wastewater treatment plant, Dijon (France)
Full Power & Control solution
| ||15% Energy savings
I. CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT / PROJECT CONTEXT
- Degremont: Design&build and commissioning of the plant
- Lyonnaise des Eaux: Plant operation
- Both companies are subsidiaries of Suez Environment
- Plant size: 400 000 equivalent inhabitants (70 000 m3/day)
Customer objective and constraints:
- No process interruption: this could result in release of wastewater in the environment
- Energy efficiency: no fossil fuel used for sludge treatment
- Environment friendly: high quality of water released into the environment and no odour nuisance for the neighbourhood (compliance with EU regulations).
II. SOLUTION IMPLEMENTATION
Implementation methodology (main phases):
- Partnership between Suez-Degrémont technical department and Schneider Electric
- Definition of Power and Control architecture meeting the customer's requirements
- Partnership with the System Integrator (AMTE) for equipment selection and implementation.
Solution overview (services, products, systems, architectures...):
- MV supply with open ring
- Each process step managed as a functional unit connected with Ethernet bus
How did we estimate the energy savings (methodology, tools, ...)
- Benchmark with similar installations under progress.
III. RESULTS / ACHIEVEMENT
- High level technical support by having a single manufacturer's equipment for the automation and power distribution systems
- Flexible and extendable solution
Customer testimonies (Verbatim):
- Mr. Ouvrier Buffet, Degrémont, Responsible for Automation commissioning: "The innovative architecture with functional islands is a key factor for service continuity and quality of water rejected into the environment".
Schneider Electric differentiating values VS competitors:
- Customer intimacy
- Complete Power and Control solution
- Energy Efficiency expertise